In this article:
- How to add a Recipe card to a Shopify blog post
- 12 delicious recipe pages on Shopify
As a Shopify brand owner, you always want to boost sales and engage users in your online store. One way to do this is by adding recipe cards to blog posts or pages that showcase your products in a unique and compelling way. Recipes are powerful content types that can help you attract and retain customers by providing them with step-by-step instructions, beautiful images, and useful tips.
Whether you sell food and drink items, beauty products, kitchen equipment, or anything in between, you can demonstrate how your products can be used in creative and delicious ways.
In this article, we curated 12 delicious recipe pages on Shopify that can help you get inspired and create your own recipe pages.
But first, let’s check out a new way to add a recipe page to your blog post - using Shopify metaobjects and Easy Content Builder.
How to add a Recipe card to a Shopify blog post
With the Shopify metaobject support, you now have a brand new way - using Easy Content Builder - to add a recipe card to any blog post or create an entirely new recipe page. You will store all the recipe content in the Shopify metaobject entries and manage the Recipe layout through the Shopify theme editor.
With this approach, all your recipe pages can use the same template while the recipe content is dynamic per page. If you need to show the chef profile, you just need to create it once and reuse this profile across all related pages.
Here are some goodies on how Easy Content Builder helps you make a recipe page on Shopify:
- Rich recipe fields: all inputs to create a complete recipe (the ingredient list, methods, video and image gallery, icons, extra rich text fields, etc.)
- Chef profile: you can create and reuse one profile across related recipe pages.
- Display recipes across your Shopify store (blog posts, store pages, even product pages.)
- Embedded products (showing dynamic product listings per recipe page) Fast & flexible pre-built recipe templates. Rich design library of sections to enhance your recipe pages.
- Keep your brand style.
And the steps to add a recipe card to a Shopify blog post using Easy Content Builder are straightforward:
- Step 1: Create Metaobject definitions in 1 click (to automatically generate fields where you store the recipe content)
- Step 2: Create Metaobject entries (to insert your recipe's actual content, such as the ingredient list, steps, videos, images, etc.)
- Step 3: Create a metaobject template using Easy Content Builder (this can be a blog post, page, or product template, depending on which page you want to display the recipe).
These two Recipe pages use the same metaobject template. Each page displays structured and unique content per recipe (Ingredients, Method, Preparation time, etc., are stored in the ECB Rich Text metaobject; images, videos, and icons are stored in the ECB Media metaobject). You can also use the ECB Author metaobject to display the Chef profile.
Prebuilt recipe templates
With the Easy Content Builder app, you can create a new recipe layout from scratch or use pre-made recipe templates to create a new recipe faster. After installing a premade recipe template, you can:
- Edit the recipe content, videos & images under the default Shopify metaobject entry section.
- Reorder the recipe fields within the recipe page, and customize the look and feel of each section of the Recipe card/page within the Shopify theme editor.
- Add extra content blocks (Product sliders, Testimonial carousel, before/after slider, etc) to enrich the Recipe page.
Here are some prebuilt recipe template demos created by Easy Content Builder:
12 delicious recipe pages on Shopify
Let's look at some of the top recipe pages on Shopify and how they create recipes that look beautiful, organized, and captivating.
Blackstone Products recipes
Easy Content Builder recipes
Chamberlain Coffee recipes
Black Rifle Coffee recipes
Nature’s Path recipes
Stumptown Coffee recipes
Death Wish Coffee recipes
Pasta Evangelists recipes
Each of these recipe pages provides a unique perspective on how to use products in creative and delicious ways. By creating your own recipe pages, you can engage your customers and boost your sales by showcasing your products in a new and exciting way. So why not add recipes to your blog posts using Easy Content Builder and see how recipe pages can help you grow your Shopify store?